The General Tax Authority (GTA) has declared to launch the first period of the new online tax administration system called, ‘Dhareeba’. The new Tax entry provides the General Tax Authority with digital channels to serve all its partners; the Government, tax agents, and the citizens. It has been designed to manage, calculate and review different types of taxes to help citizens identify the procedures related to their transactions and get notifications on the progress of their tasks.
All companies are necessary to register on the new entrance starting from first July 2020 and complete the registration process in the period of ninety (90) days. Citizens who register on the entrance before 30 September 2020 will be exempted from the current penalties identified with past registration and issuance of tax card.
What is Dhareeba?
Dhareeba is an electronic platform that links the General Tax Authority, relevant government agencies, and taxpayers. It facilitates the automatic calculation and processing of various types of taxes, enabling taxpayers to efficiently manage their tax transactions in compliance with Qatari tax laws.
Who is Dhareeba for
For any income-generating financial activity in Qatar, regardless of whether it is exempted 100% from tax. Unique elements who are qualified for discount also should be registered in the Dhareeba electronic tax portal
Documents required for tax card registration
- Valid Copy of Commercial Registration
- Valid Copy of Trade License
- Copy of Articles of Association
- Email address and Contact details of the Tax Representative.
Sign in to https://dhareeba.gov.qa/, and follow the procedure given below depending upon whether you are a current citizen or registering as new one:
Coming up next are the highlights of the Dhareeba online tax portal:
The portal enables taxpayers to validate, file, and make payments for their tax returns online, 24×7, providing convenient access and flexibility.
Improved Integrated Services:
The portal provides immediate feedback to taxpayers during the filing process, helping to identify and correct errors before the return is filed. This can reduce the need for follow-up communications and streamline the overall process.
The portal simplifies account maintenance by allowing taxpayers and their representatives to manage their own account data, such as contact information and tax filing history, and communicate with tax authorities through multiple channels, including online chat and email. This can help reduce administrative burdens and increase efficiency for both taxpayers and tax authorities.
Services provided by the Dhareeba Tax Portal in Qatar :
- Registration: The portal allows individuals and businesses to register for tax purposes, and to update their registration information as needed.
- Management of Taxpayer Representatives: Taxpayers can appoint representatives to act on their behalf for tax-related matters, and the portal allows for the management of such appointments, including adding or removing representatives.
- Amendment of Tax Returns: Taxpayers can use the portal to make changes or corrections to previously filed tax returns, including adjustments to tax liabilities or credits.
- Access to Statements: The portal provides access to statements of tax obligations, as well as information about tax payments and refunds.
- Receipt of Notifications: Taxpayers can receive notifications and reminders about important tax-related deadlines or events.
- Management of Requests: The portal allows taxpayers to submit requests for tax-related services or information, and to track the status of those requests.
- Issuance of Certificates: The portal provides access to various types of tax certificates, such as certificates of tax residency or exemption.
- Online Payment of Taxes: Taxpayers can make online payments of their tax liabilities through the portal, using a variety of payment methods. The portal also provides access to payment history and receipts.
Important features of Dhareeba
- Because of the usage of Dhareeba registration, the General Tax Authority will no longer accept any tax registration requests submitted via the past Tax Administration System, with effect from 30 June 2020.
- All citizens, including those registered in the past Tax Administration System, should re-register in Dhareeba.
- All the current citizens registered in the past Tax Administration System should adjust their status and re-register in Dhareeba within 90 days (for example prior to 30 September 2020), as shown under Article 69 of the Executive Regulations to the Law No. 24 of 2018.
- Citizens who will register in Dhareeba prior to 30 September 2020, will be exempt from penalties for failure to register/applying for a tax card.
- Government Call Center: 16565
- Calling from outside Qatar: +974 4406 9941
- Email: email@example.com