Starting May 8th, the Japanese government will no longer require travelers to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination or a negative PCR test.
UAE residents who previously had to visit the consulate-general in Dubai or the embassy in Abu Dhabi to obtain a visa for travel to Japan, can now complete the application process online.
As of November 2022, Emirati citizens have been exempted from visa requirements for travel to Japan. This successful visa waiver program for Emiratis will now also benefit many other residents of the UAE, making travel to Japan easier for them.
On Tuesday, Japanese authorities announced that UAE residents can now apply for an eVisa through a dedicated website. The new paperless process works as follows:
- UAE residents can now apply for a Japanese eVisa through a dedicated website.
- After submitting the application, a digital confirmation visa will be sent to the applicant.
- When entering Japan, eVisa holders only need to log on to the Japan eVISA website to show their visa.
- Screenshots or printouts of the page will not be accepted.
- An instructional video is available on the platform for more information on how to apply online.
The digital process for applying for a Japanese eVisa has also been made available for residents of Saudi Arabia.
Furthermore, effective May 8th, the Japanese government will no longer require travelers to provide proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test for Covid-19-related entry requirements to the country.
Please Subscribe Us to get updated with Qatar News, Saudi News, Kuwait News, Health News, UAE News, Iqama, Visa, Jobs, Banking and More.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings