Are you scared that you won’t be able to get or replace your lost or damaged QID? You don’t need to worry about it as Qatar provides a particular procedure for the same. And in this article, we are going to know about that procedure, especially for expats.
Apply via the Metrash2 App
Using the Metrash2 App, you can also request the issuance of a replacement residence permit if yours is lost or damaged. Here are the steps to follow.
- Login to Metrash2
- Select the ‘Residency’ option
- Then, select the ‘Replace damaged/lost ID’ option
- Enter your QID number, then choose your service type – lost or damaged.
- Select ‘Next’ to submit
- You will be charged 20 Riyals for QPost delivery. You can also pick up the package from your local service center.
- Pay QR 200, excluding QPost delivery fees, with your credit or debit card, and click next.
- Once it’s ready, you can pick it up or have it delivered.
You can apply online through the e-services portal in a few easy steps.
- Log in with your smartcard to the MOI eServices portal.
- Select the ‘Residence Service’
- Click on “Replacement for lost/damaged residence permit”, then select the service type “Replace Lost or Replace Damaged” depending on your request.
- Fill out the details of the person (expat) you’re issuing a Residence Permit/QID card to. They can provide a phone number for themselves or a family member, in addition to their mobile number.
- To pick up your package, you can visit the Expatriates Affairs Department, or you can arrange a courier through Qatar Postal Services Company.
- To select the mail courier delivery option, you must enter the address and check the information validity box.
- Next, you must pay the fees and save the receipt.
- When applying for the card, applicants must be inside the country.
- For lost QID cards, you must submit an “Implicit” security notification.
- QR 200 is the fee for this service, plus QR20 for the mail courier delivery fee (if applicable).
If you want to obtain your QID offline, there are a few things to keep in mind. You can only use a credit or debit card to pay for the new QID. There is no cash payment option. Furthermore, a police complaint does not need to be filed in the case of a lost or damaged QID. The same procedure applies to the issuance of QIDs for those under your sponsorship, in case they have lost theirs.
- Visit the immigration office in Al Gharafa in person. It is important to know that they only process lost IDs in the morning hours, from 6:30 am to 12:00 pm.
- Get the lost ID token at reception.
- Bring your passport and damaged QID (if available), along with one passport-sized photo to the counter
- And pay QAR 200 by credit or debit card.
- Your QID card will be reissued in a few minutes.