Are you excited about the UAE Green Visa announcement? UAE residents now have new residency options, including a freelance visa. In this article, we are going to know about the new freelance visa and the green visa. Scroll down to know everything about it.
Following are the details of the two visa options provided by the UAE Government Media Office on its official Instagram account, @uaegov:
- It is necessary to separate the work permit from the residence permit.
- Self-residency visas will be sponsored by employees.
- It is aimed at highly skilled professionals, investors, entrepreneurs, top achievers, as well as students and graduates.
- Sponsorship of children up to 25 years old is available.
- Parents can sponsor their children.
- There is a grace period of 90 to 180 days after the residency expires.
The UAE also announced the Freelancers Visa, a first-of-its-kind federal residency system for independent and self-employed professionals.