As we all know that Qatar is an Islamic country hence one would require a special license to buy pork and alcohol products. You should know that all non-halal products are also subject to 100% excise tax, applied to all the goods which are bad for human health and the environment.
Alcohol and pork products are only imported, distributed, and sold by Qatar Distribution Company (QDC). The organization grants licenses to the nation’s hotels, bars, and restaurants so they can serve alcohol to consumers.
At Qatar Distribution Company:
- Holders of a license may purchase alcohol directly for domestic and private use.
- Pork products can only be purchased by non-Muslims with a license.
Hence, it’s important to apply for a permit if you want to purchase any of these products.
Eligibility for a QDC license
- Non-GCC nationals who have legal Qatar Resident Permit
- Minimum 21 years old
- Minimum monthly base pay of QR 3,000 without any benefits
On a multi-entry visa, some non-RP/non-QID candidates may be eligible to apply in certain situations. The following requirements must be fulfilled by anyone operating in Qatar on a multiple-entry visa or another type of business visa:
- Must have lived in Qatar for at least 3 months.
- Must be living in private accommodation.
- The employer or sponsor situated in Qatar must confirm this information in writing.
How to apply for a new QDC license?
Following are the important condition that you must meet to apply for a new license-
- Employer’s letter, written in English and addressed to QDC or “To Whom It May Concern,” should include the name, position, monthly salary, accommodation entitlement (free housing provided by the employer/ as monthly allowance), signed by the authorized signatory & stamped by the company.
- Validity of QID for longer than two months.
- Application for a QDC that has been completed is provided in the parking guard room or the waiting area of the permit office.
- You must provide your bank statement, employment contract, and CR copy.
- Depending on how long the QID is valid, the applicant should pay the license charge on a pro-rata basis. There is no reimbursement for the license price. Use a debit or credit card to make a purchase.
|PERMIT VALIDITY||ANNUAL FEE|
|1st Year||QR 150|
|2nd Year||QR 250|
|3rd Year||QR 350|
|4th Year||QR 400|
Book your online appointment via the official website of QDC.
What should I keep in mind after receiving your QDC license?
- Licenses are only for personal use.
- The monthly quota of your alcoholic beverage will be given after the completion of the application process.
- Only owners of main and joint permit cards are permitted inside the retail outlet.
- Only non-Muslims can buy pork products.
- You won’t be able to purchase without your license.
- Any transfers found taking place on QDC property would result in the seizure of goods and the suspension or revocation of the permit.
- The items and permission holder must travel together in the same vehicle and be delivered right to the permit holder’s home.
- In shipment, the permit holder is required to keep the goods hidden from view.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed at the home of the license holder and are not to be sold or given as gifts.
- Even if they have valid authorization, it is not permissible to give the alcohol to someone else.
How can I obtain a second license for my spouse?
Only the spouse of the present license holder is eligible to receive an additional card, provided that the spouse also has a current Residence Permit. The spouse of the permit holder should also apply in person.
How can I make an online appointment?
On May 31, 2020, QDC launched its online appointment system. Learn more about the online appointment system for the store and permit office at QDC.
How do I place a QDC order online?
For those who have a QDC license, the Click & Collect service on the QDC website also allows for direct pre-ordering of goods.
- Go to the QDC website and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, you will need to create one first.
- Browse the available products and add the items you want to your shopping cart.
- Once you have selected all the items you want to purchase, proceed to checkout.
- Choose your delivery location and time slot. You will need to provide a copy of your ID and your liquor license (if applicable).
- Review your order and payment details, and then submit your order.
- Once your order is confirmed, QDC will deliver the items to your chosen location at the agreed-upon time.
Things to keep in mind when placing an order via Click & Collect
- Through the QDC Contact Us page, you can cancel your purchase up to 24 hours before the collection date and time.
- Up to 24 hours before the initially chosen date and time, you may change your collection date and time.
- Your order cannot be changed.
- An order confirmation will be sent to you through email.
- On the “My Orders” tab of the QDC website, you may view your orders.
- An order can only be picked up by the main cardholder or a joint cardholder.
- Your order will be canceled if you don’t pick it up on the scheduled date and time; you’ll need to place a new order.
- Online shopping is not possible for pork goods.
How long may the license be valid?
- The expiration date will be displayed in the format MM/YY, as per QDC.
- The permit is active till the last day of the month specified.
- To give you time to renew the permit, you are only permitted to make one transaction after the expiration date.
- You must have a verified retail outlet appointment scheduled before the card’s last day of validity to use it within 30 days.
How to Renew QDC Permit Online
- If your job hasn’t changed, you can either schedule an appointment online to renew in person or renew online. A valid QID is required.
- If your employer, job, pay, housing situation, etc., changes, you must submit the necessary paperwork for the new permit application. The amended application form and supporting documentation must be submitted in person.
- If you are sponsored by a family member, you must obtain a fresh letter from your employer and show your QID card each time you renew.
- Depending on how long the QID is valid, the applicant should pay the license charge on a pro-rata basis. Use a debit or credit card to make a purchase.
What should I do if I misplace my license?
- The lost card must be reported to QDC right away via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be disabled.
- You must schedule a retail store visit before requesting a replacement. After that, you must provide your QID, Qatari driver’s license, or passport at the permit office.
- A replacement card will be issued with the same number but a new card code if the permit is still in effect.
- If the old card is discovered, it should be thrown away because the QDC system will disable the code.
- Before a new card may be issued, the expired permit must first be renewed.
How to Cancel the QDC permit ?
Your QDC permit may be withdrawn in one of two ways:
- To request the withdrawal of your card and turn in your permit card, contact the QDC permit office.
- You can email email@example.com if you can’t attend in person or have already left Qatar, they will need your permission to cancel your card.
QDC Website and Contact Details of QDC
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook- @QatarDistributionComapny
- Open- Sat- Thu: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM; & Fri- 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Contact- +974 4429 9777
- Website- https://www.qdc.com.qa
- Location- Umm Al Jefairat, Doha (Abu Hamour area, off Wholesale Market Road)
FAQs of QDC – Permit, Renew, & Order Online
Here are some frequently asked questions about applying for permits, renewing, and ordering online with QDC:
- Who is eligible to apply for a permit with QDC?
- Only non-Muslim residents of Qatar with a valid Qatar Residence Permit (RP) or a valid Qatar ID card (QID) are eligible to apply for a permit with QDC.
- How can I apply for a permit with QDC?
- You can apply for a permit with QDC by visiting their website and creating an account. You will need to provide your personal and residency details, as well as a copy of your passport and Qatar ID card or Qatar Residence Permit.
- How long does it take for a QDC permit application to be processed?
- The processing time for a QDC permit application can vary, but typically takes between 5 to 10 business days.
- How can I renew my QDC permit online?
- To renew your QDC permit online, log in to your QDC account and select the “Renew Permit” option. You will need to provide any necessary updated information and pay the applicable renewal fees.
- How can I order alcohol products online with QDC?
- Once you have a valid QDC permit, you can order alcohol products online by logging in to your account, selecting the items you want to purchase, and choosing your delivery location and time slot. You will need to provide a copy of your ID and your liquor license (if applicable).
- Can I change my delivery location or time slot after I have placed my order with QDC?
- You may be able to change your delivery location or time slot after you have placed your order with QDC, but this will depend on availability and other factors. Contact QDC customer service as soon as possible to make any changes to your order.