We all know how it’s become to be healthier, and for that, we tend to join a gym. However, you don’t need to necessarily join a gym, because there are few bodyweight exercises which you can do anywhere at your home. You don’t need massive machines or types of equipment for these exercises.
Without wasting any further time, let’s check the list of these bodyweight exercises following.
1. For beginners – Bodyweight Exercises
- Stand with your arms inflated by your sides, vertical to your torso.
- Rotate clockwise for 20-30 seconds in circles approximately 1 foot in diameter.
- Then turn counterclockwise.
- Keep your feet at a hip-distance apart and keep your hands wide apart.
- Bend your elbows until you reach the ground, then push yourself back up.
- Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Facedown with your hands clasped and your forearms on the ground.
- Raise your legs behind you and get up onto your toes.
- Hold the position for 30-60 seconds while keeping your back straight.
- Stand with your legs parallel or 15 degrees out.
- Slowly bend your knees and hips until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Be careful not to lift your heels off the ground.
- Step back up using your heels.
- Stand with both legs hip-wide apart and your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with your right leg and lower your body slowly so that your left knee is 90 degrees bent and close to the floor.
- Get back to standing and do the opposite side.
- For a variation, step back into the lunge.
2. Full body – Bodyweight Exercises
- Ensure that your knees are not locked as you stand tall with your legs straight.
- Then walk your hands forward while slowly lowering your torso to the ground.
- As soon as you are in a push-up position, start to take tiny steps so your legs meet your hands.
- Repeat for 4-6 reps.
- Jump up as high as you can while standing with your knees slightly bent.
- Extend your arms straight out while bringing your knees toward your chest.
- After landing, bend your knees slightly and jump again quickly.
- Begin on your knees and rise to your toes.
- As you tighten your core, extend your right arm and right knee, followed by your left.
- Crawl for 8-10 reps.
- Begin on your hands and knees
- Put your left foot directly under your chest while straightening your right leg.
- Jump and switch legs while keeping your hands and core tight.
- With your right knee forward, extend your left leg behind you.
- Complete a classic push-up on a well-padded surface.
- Push up hard enough to lift off the floor.
- Immediately begin repetition two.
3. Legs – Bodyweight Exercises
- Your thighs should be parallel to the ground as you slide your back down a wall.
- Keep your back straight and your knees directly above your ankles.
- Hold each set for 60 seconds.
- Complete a standard forward lunge, then take a step to your right and lunge again.
- Complete the semicircle by lunging backward, then return to standing.
- Switch legs after 10 repetitions.
Lunge to row
- Start with a normal lunge.
- As you lift your arms overhead, raise your forward leg off the ground instead of bringing it back to the starting position.
- Keep your leg bent approximately 90 degrees.
- If needed, add weights.
- Straighten your arms in front of you as you stand.
- Push your hips back while raising your right leg.
- Slowly lower your body while keeping your right leg raised.
- Return to standing.
4. Chest & Back – Bodyweight Exercises
- Begin in the Dolphin pose.
- Put your hands over your head and lean forward.
- Lean back and push up.
Contralateral limb raise
- Facedown, arms extended, and palms facing each other.
- Keeping your head and torso still, slowly raise one arm a few inches off the floor.
- Lower your arm slowly back to the floor. Switch sides.
- Lift your opposite leg a few inches off the ground at the same time.
- Begin in a push-up position with your legs together.
- Kick both legs into the air while bending your knees, extending your feet back toward your glutes.
- Land gently when returning to the starting position.
5. Shoulders & arms – Bodyweight Exercises
- With your knees bent, sit near a step or bench.
- Reach for the edge of the elevated surface and straighten your arms.
- Push your heels into the floor while you bend your arms to a 90-degree angle and straighten again.
- Lift your left leg while reaching your right arm out.\
- Put your hands in a diamond shape so that your thumbs and index fingers touch.
- Now, do pushups!
- Stand with your feet hip-wide apart and your knees bent.
- Bend your torso almost parallel to the floor.
- Extend one arm forward and the other back while keeping your elbows in.
- Switch arms like you’re in the ring and hug your arms back in.
- Sit with your feet flexed and your legs extended.
- Put your hands on the floor and round your torso slightly.
- Raise your hips off the ground, hold for 5 seconds, and then release.
- Do it again.
Dynamic prone plank
- As you begin your plank, raise your hips as high as possible.
- Lower then back down.
- Do this as long as you can.
- Keep your back straight and your hips from dropping.
You can do other core exercises such as side plank, Russian twist, bicycle, crunch, etc.
Other Articles you Might like