The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management thanks to both residents and citizens for their responsibility to adhere to the precautionary steps to battle Coronavirus (COVID-19), which has added to restricting the spread of the virus. As the State of Qatar proceeds on to Stage 4, it is important for the community to keep on following methods to ensure that efforts are successful and the country can completely reopen.
Qatar’s general health indicators and the Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease rate in the community, has been decided to split stage four into two stages. The first stage will start on 1 September, and the situation will be surveyed on a continuous basis, including the re-imposing or lifting of certain restrictions based on development mid-September. The second stage will start toward the beginning of the third week of September.
The first stage will include the following:
- Reopening of all mosques in the country to perform every day and Friday prayers, given that precautionary steps are followed. Toilets and bathing facilities remain closed.
- Continuing to follow the Council of Ministers’ decision, which restricts the limit in workplaces to a maximum of 80% of employees in both public and private sectors.
- Allowing gatherings of a limit of 15 people inside and 30 people outside.
- Allowing weddings with a capacity of 40 people inside and 80 people outside, given that precautionary steps are followed, including activating the Ehteraz application, maintaining a distance of two meters between tables with a limit of 5 people for every table, and maintaining a strategic distance from handshakes and kisses while welcoming. People holding parties at home just as managers of wedding venues are needed to track the contact data and all things considered.
- Opening of films and theaters with a limit of 15%, provided that precautionary steps are followed and the people who are 18 years or more are allowed to enter.
- Playgrounds and relaxation centres remain closed.
- Allowing local exhibitions with a limit of 30%, as per the systems which will be announced by the National Tourism Council.
- Resuming metro and public transport services with a limit of 30% as per the systems which will be declared by the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
- Continuing to allow personal goats and yacht rentals with a limit of 30%, including boat workers.
- Continuing to follow Qatar’s movement policy. The Ministry of Public Health will keep on updating the list of low-risk countries periodically.
- Continuing with the operation of driving schools with a limit of 50%.
- Continuing with the suspension of summer camps as the use of sports equipment in the public parks.
- Allowing audiences to attend sporting events with a limit of 20% inside and 30% outside, as indicated by procedures which will be announced by the relevant authorities.
- Allowing private health facilities to continue work in full capacity.
- Continuing with normal working hours at shopping malls while keeping maximum 50%, and opening food courts in shopping malls with a limit of 30%. Allowing children to enter shopping malls.
- Allowing the increase in restaurants limit starting with 30%, as indicated by the procedures which will be set by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Allowing souks to work with a 75% limit and raising the limit at wholesale markets to 50%.
- Allowing museums and open libraries to work in full capacity and normal hours provided that all precautionary steps are followed.
- Continuing with health clubs, gyms, public swimming pools at half capacity (50%) and allowing massage and sauna services at a limit of 30% in approved facilities, as opening indoor swimming pools at a limit of 30%.
- Continuing with the suspension of home beauty, barber, massage and fitness training services.
- Continuing the work by private schooling and training centers at a limit of 50%.
- Continuing cleaning and hospitality services in workplaces at a limit of 30% as allowing the resumption of these services at homes.
The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management emphasises that the evaluation of lifting further measures depends upon the participation of all and the commitment to follow precautionary steps, including wearing masks while outside, washing hands, maintaining distance, and activating the Ehteraz application.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings