Stage 4 of the gradual lifting of the COVID-19 restrictions has started. However, I don’t know the meaning for gatherings? What is allowed and how many people can gather during the first part of Stage 4? Find out below the safety for weddings, Religious Complex, mosques, parties, theaters and films, trade-shows, museum, conferences and cultural events.
- Maximum 40 people inside and 80 people outside.
- Tented venues are viewed as indoor venues.
- Guests should wear masks consistently, aside from when seated at tables to eat and drink. Masks to be worn when leaving the table.
- No physical contact (for example kissing, hugging, holding hands)
- No singing or shouting.
- No live music.
- No dancing.
- Food must be plated. No buffet food.
- Keep upto 2 meters minimum distance between tables.
- Maximum 5 people for each table.
- Use bottled water. Water fountains or water distributors are not allowed.
- Bowls of nuts and chocolates should not be allowed except if in singular servings (sharing is a transmission risk).
- Religious venues open a short time before scheduled ceremonies/prayers.
- Religious functions/prayers duration is to be kept to a minimum.
- The assembly to leave the venue immediately after ceremonies/prayers.
- Maximum not to exceed 30%, based on occupancy determined by 9m2 per person in any venue where religious activities are to be held.
- Stay away from the use of choir or musical gathering during religious services or different occasions. Singing is viewed as a higher risk activity as it might release a larger amount of droplets. Think about options to singing and other live performance parts in the worship services.
- Receptions with food and drinks are not allowed.
- Change strategies used to get financial contributions. Consider a stationary collection box or electronic strategies for gathering regular financial contributions (shared collection trays or baskets are not allowed).
- Maximum 15 people inside and 30 people outside.
- Any non-resident or guest to Qatar is prohibited from going to parties, until they complete the quarantine period.
- Use an outdoor venue or gather outside where possible.
- Guarantee tables are not covered in fabric material and are sanitized between use.
- Returning of all mosques in the country to perform every day and Friday prayers, given that precautionary steps are followed.
- Latrines and bathing offices remain closed.
- Friday prayers insurances:
- Doors open 30 minutes before prayers
- Entryways close 10 minutes after prayers
- Friday prayer message is to be restricted to 10 minutes
Read more about the list of the reopened mosques for Phase 4.
Theaters and Cinemas
- Limit up to 15% in all parts of the venue to allow into physical distancing, with non-adjacent seating (determined on 9m2 per person)
- Pre-booked ticket entry only
- Film times staggered to decrease crowding in meeting rooms for entry and exit. (booking enough time between showings for extra cleaning and sanitization)
- People from a similar family can sit along with 1.5m distance from everyone else (sideways, front, and back).
- Sweets pick and mix stands to remain closed.
- Children under 18 years old are not allowed inside theaters and films.
- People more than 60 years of age and people with chronic and complex conditions are advised not to go films and theatres.
Activities in Parks, Corniche and Beaches
- Gatherings 30 people are considered for sporting exercises at 2m physical distancing.
- Those not practicing should wear masks constantly and keep up a 1.5m distance.
- Public latrines to open with thorough cleaning between customers.
Read More about List of Beaches in Qatar and Parks in Qatar
Trade-shows, Exhibitions, Conferences and Cultural Events
- Stage 4 will start with public occasions only-residents of Qatar.
- Limit up to 30% of total limit (keeping minimum 1.5 m physical distance in all directions; sideways, all over and diagonally).
- Pre-Numbered seating for simplicity of contact following, if necessary at whatever applicable and possible is desirable. Where applicable, people from a similar family unit can sit together, but with the same 1.5m directions from others in all directions.
- Guarantee tickets are electronic and scannable, maintain a strategic distance from paper tickets if possible.
- No spitting, no cheering, no live choir, and no live singing.
- Shops at venue regions outside the occasion building are permitted by MOPH rules for cafés.
- No food concessions inside the occasion building including gathering halls, museum, and stadia are permitted (masks to be worn constantly).
- No food to be expended inside the public seating areas, food and drinks only permitted outside seating areas outside.
- Food outlets confined to take away in disposable packaging.
To remain closed
- Summer camps
- Usn of athletic equipment in public parks
- Playgrounds and relaxation centers
- Skate parks
Source: Ministry of Public Health; GCO announcement.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings