Every expat has been waiting for an update since the Ministry of Interior decided to cancel exit permits except 5 percent of staff that will still require approval for leaving the country. The Ministry of Interior has updated its website to include a form for entering the Qatar Identity number and checking the status of exit permits.
Click here to check if you require exit permit!
The recent amendment to Law No. 21 of 2015, specified that expatriates working under labour law shall have the right to briefly exit or leave the country permanently during the validity of the employment contract, and that the employer has the privilege to apply in passage to the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs a list of employees, who he acknowledges should get approval to leave because of the nature of their work, delivered that the list does not surpass 5% of the total number of employees.
Despite lauding this new amendment, many residents were still unsure whether they fell within the required category.
Other Articles you may like
- How to Apply for a Police Clearance Certificate via the Metrash2 app
- How to Change Personal Details on the Metrash2 app
- How to Enlist an Extra number to get SMS pop-ups on Metrash
- Metrash 2 App Allows Extension of all Pre-entry Permit Visas
- Qatar Residents and expats can submit the criminal complaints via Metrash2 App
- How to subscribe to Metrash2 through SMS
- Metrash2 Services List for Citizens and Residents of Qatar
- How to activate Metrash2 mobile application online
Please Subscribe Us to get updated with Qatar News, Saudi News, Kuwait News, Health News, UAE News, Iqama, Visa, Jobs, Banking and More.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings