Qatar has a lot of wonderful places around the boundaries of Doha that you can travel, view, and experience. As the climate is becoming cold here, it makes the perfect time to visit these places.
Check the list below!
Al Karaana Lagoon
Al Karaana Lagoon is one of the amazing and quiet places in Qatar. It is encompassed by crystal clear water and greenery. A place is an ideal place for nature lovers, photographers, and an individual who wants some quality time with themselves.
- Distance from Doha- 65.4 KM; 54 minutes.
Due to its scenic view and relaxing vibe, it became popular. It also provides a seating area for visitors. You can enjoy the breezy evening and morning here.
- Distance from Doha- 109.2 KM; 1 hour 15 minutes.
Ghost Town / Al Jumail Village
Al Jumail Village is known as the Ghost Town. You can see what Qatar was like many years ago in this abandoned fishing village. The place is also is a good place for photographers.
- Distance from Doha- 115 KM; 1 hour 24 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/yuXP3iDLSwTWUXG89
Al Shu’aa Reserve
It is an eccentric animal sanctuary, also has various kinds of trees & animals such as tortoises, ostriches, goats, rabbits, Arabian Oryxes, and many more. It is an ideal place for kids to visit.
- Distance from Doha- 50.4 KM; 38 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/SrBPtqCdgX75CLpV9
It has a 16 feet deep sinkhole with an opening of 40 feet. You can visit this place anytime in the day. You should go via 4×4. This place does not provide a toilet or any resting facilities, thus carry your water bottle and snacks with you as they don’t have any facilities for litter too.
- Distance from Doha- 43.3 KM; 45 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/hBYG8BDQ4nFkAm8t8
Al Dosari Zoo & Game Reserve
Al Dosari Zoo is a personal zoo for the Dosari Family. However, adults and kids can visit the reserve and watch animals and birds such as Oryxes, Ostriches, Emus, Camels and etc. It has an entry charge, QR 10 for individuals.
- Distance from Doha- 42.7 KM; 37 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/nyuMcxvw1AHrw5NP6
East-West/West-East by Richard Serra
It is spread over a KM in length in the middle of a friendly part of the land. There are four steel plates standing between 14.7 meters and 16.7 meters above the ground.
- Distance from Doha- 80 KM; 1 hour 16 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/TrDkWMeMymDA9pac8
Zekreet Rock Formations
It is nearby Richard Serra’s art installation. The place is popular among astrophotographers in Qatar.
- Distance from Doha- 79.3 KM; 1 hour 1 minute.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/P8Lu6aPkHhj4JKcE7
Zekreet fort was built in the 18th -19th century. You must visit this heritage place.
- Distance from Doha- 80.6 KM; 1 hour 2 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/7VvXBC1bZcXjQDkX6
It is located in the northwest of Qatar. Al Areesh was one of the greatest fishermen’s hamlets in Qatar, with roughly 40 houses.
- Distance from Doha- 113.4 KM; 1 hour 24 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/KbxhftWTUY42oWgH6
Al Qarma Beach Garden
Al Qarma Beach Garden is one of the beautiful gardens you can visit. However, only females and children under 10 years old are allowed in the garden. The garden is located in Al Khor City. You can witness various kinds of trees and plants, a play area for kids, wooden umbrellas, shaded areas, walking paths, benches, and solar-powered lighting in the garden.
- Distance from Doha- 50.7 KM; 40 minutes.
- Location- https://goo.gl/maps/WoJReZgHk75M553o7
Please Subscribe Us to get updated with Qatar News, Saudi News, Kuwait News, Health News, UAE News, Iqama, Visa, Jobs, Banking and More.
Have you visited any of the places on the list? Tell us about it below! We appreciate your sharing this article!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings