There are many ways to lose weight in a healthy way. Though there are many myths among people that lead to side effects in body. People often do crazy things to get that ideal weight which have no evidence scientifically. It is recommended that weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week by long term weight management is healthy. People choose hard diet plans that leave them hungry and satisfied and they could not stick to diet plan.
However, not all diet plans are this hard. You can opt for low carb diets and whole food, lower calorie diets that are effective and much easier to stick.
Here are 3 steps you should follow for lose weight, they promote healthy eating and aim to:
- fast weight loss
- reduce appetite
- improve metabolic health
1. Cut back on sugar and refined carbohydrates
If you want to lose weight fast then cutting back on sugar and refined carbs is the first step. You can follow a low carb eating plan or replace refined carbs with whole grains that are way healthier. Your hunger levels go down with low carbs and you start to eat low calories.
Your stored fat utilize for energy when you eat low carb diet. Whole grains with high fiber are easy and slow to digest that keep you full and satisfied for a long time.
Many researches and studies also confirmed that low carbs diet is very useful to lose weight and it can reduce your appetite and doesn’t make you feel hungry.
But there can be potential downsides of low carbs diet as it depends person to person so you must consult your doctor for recommendations
Reducing carbs or sugar and starches can help you to reduce your appetite and improve your weight loss journey. But the long-term effects are not proved yet. So you can also opt for low calorie diet as it more sustainable.
Eat protein, fat, and vegetables
Your every meal should include:
- a protein source
- fat source
- whole grains
You should take adequate amount of protein daily to maintain health and muscle mass while losing weight. Research suggests that eating protein can improve appetite, cardio metabolic risk factors and body weight.
Generally, an average person needs certain quantity of protein:
- 56–91 grams per day for the average male
- 46–75 grams per day for the average female
Taking adequate amount protein daily can help you with:
- reduce appetite and cravings
- reduce midnight cravings
- make you feel full
A study suggests that people with high protein intake eat 441 less calories per day than other people.
Healthy protein sources include:
- meat: beef, pork, chicken and lamb
- fish and seafood: salmon, shrimp, and trout
- eggs: whole eggs with the yolk
- plant-based proteins: beans, legumes, tofu, quinoa, and tempeh
2. Low carb and leafy green vegetables
Load your plate green vegetables to have enough nutrients. You can eat them in large amount without worrying of calories and carbs.
Vegetables to include for low carb or low calorie diet plans:
- Brussels sprouts
- Swiss chard
Generally fats are assumed as very unhealthy for our body but that’s not true. Our body requires some amount of healthy fats no matter how much you’re dieting. Olive oil and avocado oil are some healthy fats you can include to your diet plan. Others fats such as butter and coconut oil can also be added in a limited amount as they contain very high amount of saturated fat.
Add protein source, healthy fats, and vegetables to your meal. Leafy green vegetables are very useful to gain lots of nutrients with low calories.
3. Move your body
Exercise is a great way to lose weight quickly. Exercise such as lifting weight has more benefits. By doing this, you can burn lots of calories and make your metabolism fast which helps to lose weight quickly. You can go the gym three to four times a week and try lifting weights there. You can take advice from trainer if you are new to this. You should also consult your doctor before starting any new exercise plan. You can also do cardio workouts such as jogging, walking, cycling, running, or swimming. These are also very beneficial for weight loss.
Weightlifting is a great way for losing weight. If you cannot do that, try cardio workouts.
Choose what suits you.
9 weight loss tips
Here are 9 more tips to lose weight faster:
- Eat a high protein breakfast.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice.
- Drink water before meals.
- Choose weight-loss-friendly foods.
- Eat soluble fiber.
- Drink coffee or tea.
- Base your diet on whole foods.
- Eat slowly.
- Get good quality sleep.
Sample meal ideas for fast weight loss
Here we are suggesting you some sample meal plans that are low carb and limits carbs to 20-50 per day. Your each meal must have protein, healthy fats and vegetables.
If you want to lose weight without doing any hard diet then you should add some healthy whole grains to plan such as:
- whole oats
- whole wheat
- poached egg with sliced avocado and a side of berries
- spinach, mushroom, and feta crustless quiche
- green smoothie with spinach, avocado, and nut milk and a side of cottage cheese
- unsweetened Greek yogurt with berries and almonds
- smoked salmon with avocado and a side of asparagus
- lettuce wrap with grilled chicken, black beans, red pepper, and salsa
- kale and spinach salad with grilled tofu, chickpeas, and guacamole
- BLT wrap with celery sticks and peanut butter
- enchilada salad with chicken, peppers, mango, avocado, and spices
- ground turkey bake with mushrooms, onions, peppers, and cheese
- antipasto salad with white beans, asparagus, cucumbers, olive oil, and Parmesan
- roasted cauliflower with tempeh, Brussels sprouts, and pine nuts
- salmon baked with ginger, sesame oil, and roasted zucchini
- cauliflower hummus and veggies
- healthy homemade trail mix with nuts and dried fruit
- kale chips
- cottage cheese with cinnamon and flaxseeds
- spicy roasted chickpeas
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- tuna pouches
- steamed edamame
- strawberries and brie
How fast will you lose weight?
In the first week you may lose up to 5-10 pounds of weight and then consistently after that. You lose both body fat and water weight in the first week.
You may lose weight more quickly, if you are new to diet plans. Losing 1-2 pounds per week is usually safe but you must consult with your doctor if you want to reduce faster.
You may experience reduced appetite and hunger, if you replace or reduce refined carbs. This makes it easier to stick to your diet plan. With low carb and whole grain food, you can eat full amount of food without getting worry of calories and still lose fat.
Other Health Articles you may like
- A detailed guide to Ketogenic Diet
- Know more about Pneumonia
- Everything About Cancer
- Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
- Intermittent Fasting – 6 Popular Ways
- Ketosis- signs and symptoms
- Health Benefits of Ajwa Dates
- Ketogenic Diet Foods
- What is Blue Waffle Disease?
- Functions of Blood Platelets
- White Blood Cells – Types & Functions
- Know why your lower back pains after Intercourse
- H.E Dr. Hanan Mohamed Al Kuwari | Minister of MOPH Qatar
Please Subscribe Us to get updated with Qatar News, Saudi News, Kuwait News, Health News, UAE News, Iqama, Visa, Jobs, Banking and More.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings