If you’ve lost something in Qatar, there are several options available to help you find your lost item. One of the first things you should do is contact the nearest police station to report the loss. The police will take down your details and ask for a description of the item to help them in their search.
Another option is to check with the lost and found department of the location where you think you may have lost the item. This could be at a hotel, airport, mall, or any other public place. Many of these locations have a dedicated lost and found department that keeps a record of lost items and returns them to their rightful owners.
If you lost your item on public transportation, such as a bus or taxi, you can also contact the transportation authority to see if they have found it. They may be able to assist in locating the item and returning it to you.
There are also online resources available to help you find lost items in Qatar. Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are often used to share information about lost items and connect with others who may have found them.
Lastly, you can consider posting an advertisement in local newspapers or online classified websites. This can help spread the word about your lost item and increase the chances of it being returned to you.
Step by step instructions to report via Metrash2 App
- Login to your Metrash2 application and select the “General Services” option.
- Next, click on the “Report Lost Objects” section.
- Enter your QID and click next.
- On this page, you are permitted to select the lost things. This can be your ID Card, Cheque, Mobile Phone, Driver’s License, Purse or Cash. click and select next.
- Select the security centre area where the document was lost, fill in the lost period of the thing and the lost place and click on register.
- Your notification will get registered.
- When the report is done, you will get a complaint number, which you can produce at Police Stations to get a lost certificate.
Instructions to report through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website
As per the Hukoomi, you can report lost official documents using the MOI e-services portal.
You can report online any lost official documents, cash, wallets, cheques and phones. The notification/reports will be directly registered in the security offices.
- Login with your smartcard to the e-services entry of MOI.
- Select the necessary transaction type (Personal for the smart card owner or Company Name for the approved person).
- Click on “Reports Services” and select “Report Lost Property”.
- For Qataris, enter the necessary details in “Person Details” to start registering the notification.
- Select the lost properties that you need to report from the “Lost Properties List”.
- Select the nearest police headquarters and enter the date and place of the lost things.
- Register the notification after reviewing the details in the “Lost Items Registration” page.
- To register another report for lost things, click “New Entry” and repeat the mentioned steps.
Who is this service available for?
This service is available for Qataris, residents, companies and organizations holding the Qatari Smart Card.
What is the condition required for reporting?
The registered Qatari Smart Card must be valid.
What is a smart card?
A smart card is the same as an ID card, but it must be activated at the Directorate General of Border Passports and Expatriates Affairs to turn into a smart card. It allows people and companies to complete their own or corporate transactions.
- In case of personal transactions: residencies, visas and business leave notifications for those on personal sponsorships, for example drivers and workers.
- In case of corporate transactions: labour recruitment applications, visas and residencies.