Are you a beach person? Do you love spending time on beaches with your friends and family? If yes, then this article might excite you because today we are going to discuss one of the famous Al Wakrah Beach. So without wasting any further minutes let’s dive into the beach!
Al Wakrah Beach is located 10 km south of Doha. The beach is around 15 km southwest of the town center. The beach is flat, broad, and sandy, and golden in color, and becoming lighter and softer as you accosted the sea. The walk to the sea is so nice. Kids will enjoy viewing a crab or two side-stepping fast in the sand, holding bars of little fish swimming nearby their toes, and discovering plants and a myriad of shells to place in their pot.
You must visit the beach. The purity of the water and the mellowness of the sand are best. Don’t forget your camera and capture some lovely moments of your family playing in the crystal clear blue water.
The main beach offers gazebos and umbrellas to provide shade from the hot temperatures. The beach also provides a facility of playgrounds, a volleyball pitch, a soccer pitch, toilets, showers, and BBQ facilities.
- Nearby landmarks: Al Wakrah
- Parking: In front of the beach, near the toilets and play areas
- Toilets: Yes
- Beaches are far from towns in Wakrah, so make sure you take sufficient food and water.
- Beach is not easy to find from the town. Do take note of the directions given below.
- Bring water shoes if you have any. Some areas were spiky and rocky.
- In the afternoon, shade and parking spaces are limited on weekdays.
- All three playgrounds are uncovered, so bring hats and sunscreen.
- You may be unable to find shade at a busy time, such as on a weekend afternoon.
- Want to barbeque on the beach? Bring your charcoal and grill it up!
- Food and beverages: No
- Showers: Yes
- Nearby mosque: Yes, prayer tent
- Turn south from Al Wakrah towards Mesaieed.
- Take a U-turn after 10 km-you will be able to see a mark for Al Wakrah Beach at this point.
- In a few minutes, you will see a turn-off for Al Wakrah Beach on your right.
- Continue straight on a narrow asphalt/tarmac road. Slow down if you see a vehicle approaching from behind.
- Take the dirt road on the left.
- Follow the path correspondence to Qatar Petroleum’s site. Straight ahead is the beach entrance.
- The most beautiful beaches in Qatar
- Check Out things at Katara Beach
- Best Barbecue Beaches in Qatar
- Al Maroona Beach, Doha Qatar