We all love too and hate to do a plank. But this is one of the simple and effective exercises which doesn’t require any equipment. You can do plank anywhere you want to. It gives strength to the core of bodies, especially the shoulders, arms, and glutes. Let’s check how many planks we can do and what are the common mistakes which we used to do during the plank.
Different Kinds of Planks
- Get in the position of push-ups.
- To balance your body, push your glutes and ground your toes into the ground. Ensure your legs are working as well – try not to lock your knees or hyperextend them.
- Focus on a spot about a foot beyond your hands to neutralize your neck and spine. Keep your head in line with your back.
- Stay in this position for 20 seconds. With time, you will be able to hold your plank for as long as possible without compromising your form or breathing.
The forearm plank is one of the most ordinary kinds of a plank. This one is comparatively easier than a standard plank. Follow the steps to perform this plank-
- Forearms should be parallel to your body, and elbows should be aligned below your shoulders.
- If your hands are lying, clasp them together.
The knee plank is very easy to hold on to than the standard straight-arm plank. This quality makes it great for beginners as it lets them focus on form.
- Your lower back is less stressed when you rest your knees on the ground.
- If your knees feel discomfiting on the floor, rest them on a rolled-up mat or towel.
Side plank is very beneficial for obliques compared to a standard plank.
- Lay on your side with one leg piled on top of the other, then brace yourself up on your elbows and hands.
- By raising the opposite arm or leg – or both – in the air, you can make the plank more difficult.
- You can make it more comfortable by striking the upper leg in front of your body to provide support.
Single-leg planks raise the demand on your core, as you have to remove a point of contact with the ground.
- Position your body in a standard plank position, and then raise one leg toward the top as far as you can safely do without hurting your back.
- Keep your hips parallel to the bottom, and then switch legs.
Medicine-ball plank is one of the difficult planks, as it raises the intensity. By balancing your body on an unstable ball, you boost the load on your core.
- Put your hands or forearms on the ball, right under your shoulders, as you would for a standard plank.
Common Mistakes we do during the Plank
Crumpling your lower back
Rather than risking your lower back by dropping your butt, tighten your core by visualizing your belly button moving in toward your spine. You will keep your spine safe if you keep your torso flat.
Reaching your butt to the sky
Sometimes people forget that planks aren’t assumed to be like ‘downward dogs.’ To strengthen your core performing the way it should in the plank position, hold your back flat adequately so your abs feel involved from top to bottom. Just don’t drop your tush too far toward the floor.
Letting your head drop
Instead of focusing on hips, butt, and back in the proper position we drop our heads. It is very important to keep our head and neck as an attachment to our back.
Forgetting to breathe
It’s quite natural to catch your breath when you’re in a severe position. But depriving yourself of oxygen can get you to drowsiness and sickness, which are icky at best and harmful at worst.
Focusing too much on the stopwatch
Rate overrides the number of seconds beating away. When your form starts to sorrow, it’s time to call it off. Take a break if your back starts to sag or your shoulders sink.
Other Health Articles you might like :
- Everything About Cancer
- What is the difference between Health and Wellness?
- Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
- Is the Conocarpus Tree a threat or harmless?
- Benefits of banana stem
- Is your partner a Narcissist?
- Top 14 Diet and Nutrition Centres in Qatar [UPDATED]
Please Subscribe Us to get updated with Qatar News, Saudi News, Kuwait News, Health News, UAE News, Iqama, Visa, Jobs, Banking and More.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings