Qatar is home to approximately 2 million immigrants from around the world, who provide the infrastructure and services that allow the nation to grow rapidly. To stop this behavior, the Government of Qatar has launched a few support centers and helplines to protect such helpless workers.Scroll down to get all the knowledge regarding it.
What should you do if your employer does not pay your salary?
Employers must be aware that the Minister can suspend their work permits or stop all contact with the Ministry if they fail to transfer payments using the WPS within seven working days of their due date. This does not include the authentication of job contracts.
What is the process for filing a labor complaint against an employer?
You can opt for any of the following ways.
Do you have labour issues with your company regarding contract, salary or any reason? Then here we will tell you how you can make a labour complaint in Qatar.
How to Submit a labour complaint through the MADLSA (Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs )
In-person complaint at the MADLSA
If you want to raise a complaint as an employee, you can go to the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour, and Social Affairs (MADLSA) office, either in Al-Shahaniya or the Industrial Area. You need to submit an evidence of mistreatment and violations while raising a complaint.
Office’s operating hours: Sunday to Thursday (7:30 am-12:30 pm)
Complaint through MADLSA SMS service
The Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs (MADLSA) also avail the SMS service which is available for 24 hours and in different languages. Steps to follow;
- Send an SMS t
- Open your phone’s text message tab
- Type 5 then your ID number or Visa number
- Send it to 92727
Complaint to MADLSA online
MADLSA also provides the online service to raise a complaint. You need to use the online form.
Labor complaint via Unified Platform
Users can use this platform to file complaints, report violations, follow up on complaints, and also update their contact information – including updating their mobile number and email information – as they are registered in the Ministry’s database.
- Visit ADLSA Complaints & Whistleblower Portal
- Select “submit a complaint”
- Now login
- Select on “request OTP”
- Enter the OTP and proceed as guided
MADLSA ‘Amerni’ mobile application
There’s also a mobile app which has electronic services in 33 different languages. You can easily submit your labour complaint through the ‘Amerni’ app without having to visit MADLSA in-person.
Complaint through the Labour Dispute Settlement Committees
You can also raise a complaint to the Labour Dispute Settlement Committee; it does not exceed the whole process of settlement more than three weeks. There are also many workers’ representatives to represent your issues to the MADLSA.
- SMS: 92727
- Hotline: +974 4028 0660
- E-mail: adlsa_LBR@adlsa.gov.qa / LBRemail@example.com
- Website: https://www.adlsa.gov.qa/en
- Submit a labour complaint through the NHRC
How to Submit a labour complaint at the NHRC
How to Submit a labour complaint in-person at the NHRC
- Submit the printed online complaint form in-person to the NHRC.
- Provide your contact information.
- Attach a copy of your identification card and other related documents.
Submit a labour complaint online through the NHRC
- Register on the NHRC website: https://nhrc-qa.org/profile/register/
- Log in: https://nhrc-qa.org/en/new-ticket-form/
- Fill out the online complaint form, with all the required information.
- Attach a copy of your identification card (for Qataris) and a copy of your passport or visa (for non-Qataris), attaching any related documents to support your complaint.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Submit a labour complaint through e-mail or fax to the NHRC
You can also mail or fax your online complaint form to the NHRC with a copy of your identification card.
- Visit the NHRC website to download the complaint form
- And print it out.
- Make sure the form contains the proper contact information.
- You should attach a copy of your ID and a passport or visa.
- You should also attach any supporting documents to your complaint.
- Email or fax it.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: +974 4444 4013
- Website: https://nhrc-qa.org/profile/register
- Location: NHRC
- Submit a labour complaint through your Embassy or Consulate in Qatar
How to Submit a labour complaint at your Embassy in Doha
You may be able to submit a labour complaint through your country’s embassy. Many of the embassies are proactive when it comes to complaints like this and they may be able to help. Check with your Embassy and find out if they have a system to submit labour complaints.
You may also raise a labour complaint through your country’s embassy as they may able to help you better. You need to check with your embassy to know the process of labour complaints.
Use GCO’s free WhatsApp service to find out about labour laws and employee rights
The Government Communications Office (GCO) took an initiative for employers and employees regarding Qatar’s labour laws and regulations by launching an automated WhatsApp messaging service in cooperation with MADLSA.
Employees can submit written complaints, copies of documents, and other supporting documents directly to the NHRC. The office is situated in the Fereej Abdulaziz Nasser Bin Khalid intersection, Behind Doha Petrol Station, Otabi Tower.
- WhatsApp: +974 6006 0601
Qatar Labour Department :
- Location : https://goo.gl/maps/G5MXwrNJRR477QCk6
- Al Faisal Tower, Doha, Qatar