As we read in the previous article the Family Visit Visa to Qatar is only issued for 30 days and can be extended after arrival. However, a medical test is mandatory for the extension of a Family Visit Visa. In this article, we have explained the procedure to do the medical test for a visit visa extension as well as for a family residence visa in Qatar. Let’s see the procedure!
Qatar Visit Visa Extension Medical Test Schedule
You can schedule your medical test before the expiry of the visit visa. The test result can take 3 working days to be updated, hence you should do it within the first 15-2- days in Qatar.
Locations for medical tests
The government-run Medical Commission Office in Doha is the most convenient location for people to undergo medical tests for visit visa extensions in Qatar.
A primary healthcare center such as Al Shamal Healthcare Center, Al Khor Healthcare Center, or Al Wakra Healthcare Center is authorized to conduct the tests.
- Location– Doha’s Medical Commission Office is located near Woqod Petrol Station near the Industrial Area (Abu Hamour).
- Time– 7 AM to 12 PM and 2 Pm to 7 Pm from Sunday to Thursday. Holidays on Friday & Saturday.
- The visitor’s original passport
- Copy of visitor’s visa with a cell phone number
- Debit/Credit card
Fees for Medical Test
- QAR 100 per person
- Debit/ Credit Card (No cash payment)
- Near the women’s entrance, there is a bank counter that can provide a temporary debit card for a fee if you don’t have a credit or debit card.
Entrance to Medical Commission
Male and female visitors have separate entrances to the Medical Commission Office (MCS). For the female entrance, turn right at the main gate, and for the male entrance, go straight and take the first right. Female visitors cannot be accompanied by males, even if they are family members. If the female visitor needs assistance, one female can enter with her.
The men’s section is usually open only to visitors unless they are old or physically challenged. Make sure you provide the visitor with the PIN code if you are providing a debit or credit card.
Medical Test Procedure
Qatari visa extension applications require a medical test for HIV, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. If HIV test results are positive, permit applications will be rejected. An X-ray of the visitor’s chest will also be taken to check for tuberculosis. Following are the details:
- Take the token number from the machine
- Head to the registration counter when the screen displays your token number.
- Submit your original passport and visa copy with your mobile number.
- After entering the details, you will be asked to pay. You can use your debit card or credit card to pay QR 100.
- The passport, visa copy, as well as a printout with MC number, will be returned.
- Proceed to the Blood Test area.
- Upon receiving the printout, the receptionist will issue a bottle for a blood sample.
- Go to the nearby room for blood testing.
- Go for a chest X-ray after the blood test.
- After the X-ray, you can leave.
Medical Test Result
Medical test results are usually available within 24 hours. However, it may take up to three business days in some cases.
Medical Test for Children
There will be no medical tests for children. However, children are also required to pay QR 100.
Visit Visa Extension Process
Once the sponsor passes the medical test, the visa can be immediately extended online or through Metrash2. You can also extend your visa at an MoI service center. Visa extensions cost QAR 200 per 30 days. A visa can be extended for up to 150 days for first- and second-degree relatives after the initial 30 days.
There is no requirement for a medical test if you are renewing the same visa for a second time.