In Qatar, aviation workers have plenty of job options. We will examine the salary and benefits of pilots working for Qatar Airways in this post.
State-owned Qatar Airways is Qatar’s flag carrier. Over the past 20 years, the airline has earned quite a few awards, including Skytrax’s “Airline of the Year” for 2019.
Salary & Benefits of Qatar Airways Pilot
Doha serves as Qatar Airways’ headquarters, and its base at Hamad International Airport is its primary operation. Several hundred locations throughout the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Central Asia, Far East, South Asia, North America, and Oceania are served by the airline every day. In Qatar Airways’ many state-of-the-art aircraft, there are over 200 of the best pilots in the world.
Eligibility for Pilots
The airline sometimes hires pilots to assist with flight operations. It appears that the typical requirement for a First Officer is as follows:
- Maximum age of 55 years old
- A proficiency level of 4 or higher in English is required
- An ICAO ATPL in good standing or a frozen ATPL
- Rating of a valid instrument
- Valid Class One medical certificate
- A type flight instructor with a minimum of 500 hours of type flying on B747-400 and 800, B767, B777, B767NG, B767, B777, B777NG, B767, B777
- An accumulation of at least 1,000 hours in one of the following categories: a) Multi-crew, Multi-engine jet; b) Command Multi-crew Turboprop; c) High-Performance Military Jet
Salary & Benefits
An airline pilot’s salary is determined by his or her rank and experience. A captain’s base salary and allowances would amount to around QAR 50,000 per month, while a more experienced captain could earn around QAR 69,000 per month.
In addition to the base salary, Qatar Airways pilots are entitled to:
- Housing provided by the company
- Allowance for utility costs
- Allowance for transportation
- Allowance for meals during layovers
- A comprehensive life insurance policy
- Medical insurance for families
- Loss of license insurance
- Subsidizing school fees
- Gratuity at the end of service
- 42 days of annual leave
- Discounts and incentives for travel
Please Subscribe Us to get updated with Qatar News, Saudi News, Kuwait News, Health News, UAE News, Iqama, Visa, Jobs, Banking and More.
Disclaimer: The above details are approximate estimates and for the sake of information only. exact Pilot requirements, and other benefits may change from time to time, to get the exact information please refer to qatarairways official website career page.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings