As Per the decision No 235/2022 ,On 17th July the Ministry of Labour Oman declared decision of Regulating and imposing ban on certain profession.
Royal Decree No 35/2003 and Royal decree No 89/2020 of Oman Ministry of Labour was the basis for taking this decision. In this decrees the Ministry defined its specialization and organization Structure.
Earlier various Ministries decision were inline with the decision to regulate the hiring process of expats over number of sectors.
As per the article 1 Practicing profession are banned for the expats and who are currently practicing would continue till their work permit expiry and no further renewal will be allowed under this sector
Ministry said the decision will be published in the official gazette and shall take effective from the day it is published.
In the past also 10 sectors and 87 professions were banned by the Oman Ministry of Labour in the year 2018.
Here Is the New list of professions banned as per the decision issued on 17th July 2022
- Administrative Managers
- Directors / Managers of Staff Affairs
- HR Manager
- PR Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- Follow Up Manager
- Security Manager
- Director for Student Affairs
- Career Guidence Manager
- Deputy Manager
- HR executives
- Store Supervisors
- Water and Electricity Meter Readers
- Delivery Agents
- Travel Ticket Officers
- Security Guards
- Public Car Drivers
- Bus Drivers
- Head of Departments
- Head of Trade Unions
- Wage Accountants
- Insurance and risk Specialists
- Safety Inspectors of Oil and Gas
- Car rental Clerks
- Transport Supervisors
- Sweet Sellers
- Ambulance Drivers
- Gas Trucks,
- Fruits and Vegetable Sellers
- Auto Insurance
- Factory Insurance
- Custom Clearance Brokers and Many More
Other Articles you may like
- E-visa for Oman : Complete Guide
- How to apply online for a Qatar-Oman joint visa?
- Oman’s Driving Violations & Fines : Complete Guide
- How to apply for an Oman Visa for Australian citizens?
- Famous Sights and Interesting Facts of Oman
- Frequently Asked Questions about Oman Visa?
- Leave Entitlement in Omani Labour Law : Complete Guide