We all love the winter especially in Qatar. Winter evenings are so delightful, and watching favorite films is the cherry on top., you can experience this amazing service in the DFI Drive-in Cinema at Lusail with your family and loved ones. So let’s get know the all the steps involved there.
What is the DFI Drive-in Cinema?
It is an open-air screening of a few best films. The DFI is organized by Doha Film Institute in collaboration with Qatar National Tourism Council. You can enjoy a screening of various movies, Disney classics, and football matches.
Visitors can watch different movies right from their cars and have a wonderful drive-in experience.
How to book tickets?
- Go to official website and choose your favourite screening according to the schedule.
- In the next step, choose your preferred lot and click on continue.
- Then purchase your ticket and complete the process.
- The price varies from QR 100-Qr 150 per car.
- You can get a 20% discount on the ticket price if you are Qatar Museums Culture Pass holder.
What are the steps when you get there?
- Visit the venue 15 minutes prior to avoid traffic jams.
- Show the ticket and ‘green status’ on the EHTERAZ application for other members in the car.
- Then you will be directed to the booked seat by the staff.
- Park the car at your designated seat.
- To receive the audio of the screening, tune into 88.3 FM radio frequency.
- Now enjoy the movie.
How to order food?
- You can order food here and can also bring your own food and snacks.
- You can order the food via the talabat Qatar app only.
- You will be given a paper for instructions at the checkpoint.
- Follow the instructions written on it; choose your food and select- deliver to current location.
- The food will be delivered to you by talabat riders.
What are the rules to be followed while you’re there?
- All people must be above the 12 years old.
- A maximum of 4 people allowed.
- Under age children can accompany adults as per the legal capacity of their vehicle.
- You must turn off your engine and headlights after the parking.
- Do not sit beside, on top, and through the sunroof of your vehicle.
- Follow the 20 km/h speed limit.
- Flashing highlights, honking horns, excessive volume from speakers are not allowed.
Overall, this is a best experience to enjoy with your family and friends in Doha. Also it is very safe option during the current COVID-19 situation. So look at the latest schedule and choose your screening!
- Date: Until4 April 2021
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Ticket Price: QR 100-QR 150 per car. If you are a Qatar Museums Culture Pass holder, you can get a 20% discount on the ticket price.
- Website: https://www.dohafilminstitute.com/nowplaying
- Location: DFI Drive-In Cinema
- Amal Al Muftah: Qatari Filmmaker Takes on Qatar’s Film World
- Khalifa Al-Thani – The man behind the Camera