Millions of passengers transiting through the UAE’s airports at one of the four international airports in the country. If you are willing to get more out of your transit, you will have to apply for a transit visa of UAE, which permits passengers to exit the airport and the passengers enjoy the tourist attractions in the UAE.
Social media channels of The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai used it to inform passengers of how they can apply for a transit visa or an entry permit for 96-hour when they arrive in the UAE.
For getting a transit visa issued at the immigration counter, you will have to present the following:
• Original Passport
• Airline ticket showing your journey continuation, where the connecting flight after you land in the UAE should not be less than eight hours and not exceeding 96 hours and the destination of arrival and the destination of departure are not similar.
• A valid reservation in a hotel in the UAE.
The 72 hour transit visa is preferred by passengers having business meetings or taking a stopover en route to their next destination.
Follow these steps to apply for 72 hour transit visa:
• Visit the airline company.
• Submit a request with the airline’s service officer to issue a 96-hour entry permit.
• You will receive an approval of the request if the request is approved.
• Go to the passport officer at the immigration counter and complete the procedure.
Who Needs A Transit Visa?
As per the government of UAE, you need a transit visa if you are not one of the nationalities that are eligible for visa on arrival or a visa-free entry to the UAE.
Who Can Apply For Transit Visa?
Transit visas can be arranged by UAE based-airlines in which you are travelling prior to your journey. A travel agency can also help you get the visa if your trip is through a travel agency but all visas are routed through the airline. This type of visa is single entry visa which is non-extendable, from the date of issue valid for 30 days and the duration of stay is upto 96 hours (four days) from the time of entry.
Transit Visas For 96 Hours
A fee of Dh50 for transit visas for 96 hours to passengers transiting through the UAE’s airports. Visa will need to apply in advance through a UAE-based airline. This visa is not renewable, nor extendable. The visa validity is 96 hours from entry into the UAE, and the passenger must leave the UAE within 96 hours from arrival.
Keep in mind the COVID-19 travel guidelines for UAE. Ensure to take the necessary PCR tests, in time to meet the requirements. Another COVID-19 PCR test will be required on arrival. Until you receive the test report, you will have to remain in a hotel. PCR tests are offered by testing centres operated by health authorities and private healthcare providers in the UAE.